Thursday, March 09, 2006

You sunk my Battleship!


Nothing interesting today other than a phone call from the hubby saying that he wants to name one of our nonexistent children Battle.

Apparently, no child would ever pick on another child named Battle. Okay, I concede, perhaps the other children would shy away from such a bloodthirsty four year old, but let us think of other potential side effects. Would he have to wear fatigues 24/7 - clean his nails with a bowie knife after recess - would a middle name such as Axe or Ship be required?

"What happened to Jack?" I ask, keeping the horror from my voice.
Russ, sensing my hesitation (but still with disturbing excitement in his voice), "Maybe Jack Battle?"
"Ummm (me feigning thought), nope."

Perhaps instead: Melee, Brawl, Combat, Fray, Fisticuffs

We'll just add it to the list of other bad names Russ has suggested (Guy and Lloyd).

- whole lada nothing

P.S. Isn't fisticuffs a great word? Very fun to say, and it actually sounds a little naughty. Tune in tomorrow for more fun words to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know - Guy is a pretty cool name. i've always wanted to date a Guy....

Anonymous said...

Lord no "Guy", way too generic. I mean people are always saying "come on guys" or "hi guys" or "he's a nice guy". Too. Generic. Think outside the bun. What about "Damnit"? Jack Damnit, or Damnit Jack, has kinda a flow to it. Also easy to shorten into the nickname Damn.

Me said...

Head - you wanted to date "a Guy" or "a guy"? Double entendre? clever girl

Anonymous (I wish I knew who you were, you CAN just type in any name you want without getting an official user name)- Good suggestion, has a ring to it. Can you imagine the looks I would get at the grocery store. Athough I would probably spell it Jack Dammit. No wait, it is much better for the daughter - Dammit Janet. Yeah! I worked in a Rocky Horror reference (let's do the time-warp agaaaaiiiin.........)