Friday, April 14, 2006

I heart the summer of love

Our first Cubs game of the season - beer, peanuts and brats, oh my! The Reds won. (Oh, and they do sell forties in Chicago. See, I can admit when I am wrong.)

Brittney has brought all sorts of Raytown connections with her - scary. We met up with Matt last night. Matt and I got married in seventh grade. Our teacher paired up everyone in the class so we could Punnett square our hair and eye color to see what our children would look like. I seem to remember that getting "married" and discussing babies in sex-ed is embarrassing when you are twelve. But he was a good first husband - he didn't beat me or anything.

South Carolina has the country's highest high school drop out rate. (Joh-jah is a close second.) That's all I have to say about that.

I'm going shoe shopping today! Sweet. I'm pretty sure I feel about shoes the way straight guys feel about women's breasts. Wee!

Quote of the day - Karen: I had a little bit of a heart attack in my mouth.

- lada (a.k.a. laro)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I still think we're rocking out number one in the teen pregnancy department.

Anonymous said...

Don't you spend anytime with your actual husband and did you tell him you were married before?

Me said...

yeah...uh...anonymous. I just made you dinner. How's that for quality time?

Anonymous said...

I love going to baseball games! I just stuck with the margaritas for my first game. Royals aren't doing too hot so far this year... i know, i know, big surprise.

Me said...

Faith...what are you talking about?

The Royals are...eh...awesome...!...?...!

Anonymous said...

What?! You said you went to a baseball game and I responded that i love going to them...even though the Royals suck.

Anonymous said...

Karen, i don't think you cheered hard enough. When I turned off the tv Sox were up 7-0. Do I even want to know the final score?