Saturday, April 22, 2006

"unbearable - yet unmissable"

I won't go see them.
I watched the trailer - to test myself. I think it lasted 60 seconds and the tears were streaming by the end. I cannot imagine an entire movie. To live every horrible moment as it happened in real-time. . . I don't want to. It was hard enough the first time.

or worse:

It will become a movie with Hollywood actors and fake explosions. I will eat popcorn and when the movie is over, I will leave the theater and return to the real world. . . I don't want to. It needs to stay real for me.

I know the families want the story to be remembered. I will not forget. I won't go see the movies because I am afraid of the pain. I will show my children.

United 93
World Trade Center
Against All Enemies
Time - put in my info under "magazine subscribers" to read the entire article

- lada

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blah blah blah

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing how someone can devote time to reading something so intellectually creative and meaningful, only to make such an ignorant/asinine comment as blah blah blah
-Peenutt