Monday, June 19, 2006

Today's Theme: The gobble

"Me like cookies"
Remember when Cookie Monster noshed on chocolate chip cookies? I have been out of the Sesame Street loop for a while now, but having spent the weekend with my four year old niece, I learned this very important fact: Cookie Monster no longer sings "C is for cookie, that's good enough for me" he now sings "A cookie is a sometimes food" and spends most of his time shoveling in fruits and veggies (which means my eating habits are apparently wack). The C-Monster also revealed that before eating his first cookie, his name was Sid. Go now, tell the people what you have learned.

My Red Spot is Bigger than Yours
Jupiter used to have one Great Red Spot (GRS). Now it has a second spot, affectionately known at NASA as Red Spot Jr. Junior is about half the size of GRS (making it about the size of Earth) and is moving eastward, while GRS is moving westward. What will happen when the two meet on July 10th? According to Sky and Telescope Magazine:

"We don't know what will happen," says de Pater. "Will the small one be shred to pieces? Will it be gobbled up . . . it's hard to predict what might happen. "

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I hope GRS is hungry.

"Fukui-san!"
I have seen my fair share of Iron Chef - I've played the drinking game during the New Year's Eve marathon, I was very impressed by the squid ink ice cream, etc. - but the episode we watched on Saturday night takes the cake. The main ingredient : Bacon. Ten whole bacon filled courses.
G. lorious.

Google Search O' the Day
Tim gobbles his food, talking to his date with his mouth full.
Karen gobbles pills to keep calm.
Dave gobbled hungrily on Tiffany's soft mouth.

The rest are a bit too steamy to post here.

If you're ever on Jeopardy - Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots. I'm not sure how he felt about cookies.

- lada slices and dices

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds about right for me.