Monday, March 05, 2007

A Spoonful of Sugar

Why am I surrounded by people who refuse to use medicine? I don't get you people - are you afraid that you may become addicted to Tylenol? Do you shy away from Pepto Bismal, afraid that the pink stuff will take over your life? Get over it! Over the counter medications are not crack. They do not alter your mood or your personality or get you high (other than NyQuil). They will however, make your headache go away/calm your heartburn/clear your sinuses.

Russ was giving me shit last night for taking a Tylenol PM to help me sleep. What he doesn't understand is that, although he can fall asleep the minute his head hits the pillow, some of us have problems falling asleep and staying asleep, especially with sore muscles from that day's strenuous workout (10 K race in 26 days). Besides, I only took one pill, which is half the recommended dosage. Oh, and did I mention that it is TYLENOL, not a knock-you-on-your-ass prescription AND I am not using any crank or blow in the mornings to wake up. As a matter of fact, I don't look anything like Elvis.

To make the evening worse, not only did I have to listen to him complain about my Tylenol PM usage, but I got to hear him moan and groan about the stabbing pains in his stomach from gorging himself on chili. Of course he refused to take any Tums for his indigestion. He just continued to complain all night about the horrbile pain, saying that it is probably a tumor in his pancreas. Oh yes readers, you heard me right - a tumor in his pancreas.
He isn't the only one either. The good doctor will spend all day at the hospital prescribing meds to help cure sick people, but won't take anything for her headache. You and Russ are both silly. I am obviously going to have to start mashing up pills and giving them to you in your applesauce. I'm just kidding, I would never medicate anyone without their knowledge.
Kool-Aid anyone? I just made a fresh pitcher. . .

Today is the one year birthday of lada land. Yippee! If you want a quick walk down memory lane (and since it is Pulaski Monday again), here is one of my favorite posts from the last year: Pulaski Day - March 6, 2006

If you're ever on Jeopardy: The average bra size today is 36C - ten years ago it was 34B.

- some people call lada the space cowboy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lada - i do take headache medicine, tums, and cold medication. i just don't like taking prescriptions. in fact, i took aspirin TWICE this weekend. i'm crazy like that...