Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dread

The phone call that comes too late at night. From a friend of the family that would never call you unless the rest of your family is too busy at the hospital. To tell you everyone is not okay. He didn't make it. Oh Jesus, the kids. What about the babies? His back and hip might be broken, she is still in surgery. The kids were lucky. They were buckled in car seats. But he didn't make it. He had a new wife. They were starting a new life. A week before Christmas. Thank God the kids are alive. My nieces and nephew.

Yesterday I got annoyed because Russ was being mushy. He told me he loved me about a hundred times and it was driving me crazy. By dinner time I told him that if he felt he had to be in love with something, that he should just say that he loved the spaghetti I had made for dinner. He smiled and told me he loved the spaghetti very, very much. I am a fucking moron.

Tell the people you love that you love them today. Tell them until they are sick of hearing it.

I love you all

- ld

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you, sister. i'm so sorry. i'm glad they have you as their aunt. love to russ and his family...k