Monday, June 26, 2006

I like my spaghetti with a side of murder

The four best bar conversations of the (four-day-birthday-extravaganza) weekend:

Scene 1
(guy wearing a Sponge Bob Squarepants t-shirt trying to hit on gogo)

Spongy: Did ya'll grow up in Chicago?
Karen: No
lada: Did you grow up in a pineapple under the sea?
Spongy: (really excited) Oh, hey! You watch the show?
Karen: Not really
Spongy: You know the humor is really more adult oriented.
Karen: --
lada: --
Karen: Check please.


Scene 2
(if you wear a Germany shirt during the World Cup, the German boys will come a runnin' )

Dummkopf: I hate my vife. I am going to kill her.
Karen: Uh. . .
Dummkopf: No, I vill kill her. I vill get an American to come back to Deutschland vith me - because American's cannot drive sticks* - and the American will drive over her. And then he can say "Oops, I do not know vat happened, I do not know how to drive." It vill cost me, eh, five or six hundred thousand dollars. But I hate her.
lada: I wouldn't do that.
Dummkopf: I vill kill my vife.
lada: Umm, I can only recommend you don't kill anyone.
Dummkopf: Give me your number; ve vill go out tonight.
lada: I'm married; I don't give out my number.
Dummkopf: But your eyes are so green I cannot even vatch the match vithout being distracted.
lada: (putting on sunglasses) I am married; I don't give out my number.
Dummkopf: I understand. Ve vill go out, but there vill be no touching.
lada: I'm married; I never give out my number.**
Dummkopf: I vill give you my number - promise you vill call me tonight?
Karen: NEIN


Scene 3
(three of us eating in a booth big enough for six - suddenly a random guy decides to use our extra space - he plops his ass down in our booth, turns his back to us and leans across the aisle to talk to his friends at another table)

Karen: (under her breath) Holy space invaders
lada: HEY! Get up! You're sitting on my imaginary friend!
Space Invader: What?
lada: My imaginary friend Harvey - you're sitting on him!
Space Invader: (guy looks down and scoots over a little) Uh, my bad.
lada: Tell him you're sorry.
Space Invader: Umm? Hey man, I'm sorry I. . .
lada: Don't call him "man" - he is a rabbit.
Space Invader: An imaginary rabbit? Like a hippity-hoppity rabbit?
lada: They prefer the term "hip-hop rabbit" these days.
Space Invader: --
lada: Apologize!
Space Invader: Harvey, I'm sorry I. . .
lada: He's not down there; look up. He's a very tall rabbit.
Space Invader: Harvey, I'm sorry I sat on you. Okay?
lada: Yup


Scene 4

lada: I used to sneak raw spaghetti when I was a kid. I would hide it under my pillow and eat it during my naps. It's good, but it gets stuck in your teeth.
preEsquire: I used to eat raw spaghetti too! You take a big handful and crunch through. . .
lada: You ate handfuls at once? I only ate one noodle at a time -- you're weird.
preEsquire: Yeah well, I didn't hide it under my pillow.
lada: Touché

Quote of the weekend - Evan: If they had blown up the Sears Tower there would be a lot more job openings for lawyers. There are several firms in there . . . I can't believe I just said that.

- lada dances with the devil in the pale moonlight

* I'm not sure which I find more offensive - a man planning the murder of his wife or a German who assumes an American cannot operate a manual transmission. This girl has mad shifting skills, scheisskopf!
** Well sometimes I give out the number to the rejection hotline: (773) 509-5027. Go on - call it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how is it that the two of you always seem to pick up the wierdos?

those sunglasses come in handy on so many different levels...

Me said...

The two of us ? Like you attract normal people - homey please, don't make me make a list.