Monday, July 24, 2006

The Name Game

God, I love paint colors.

Graige - living room
Buoyant Blue - dining room (above chair rail)
Brevity Brown - dining room (below chair rail)
Mocha - office
Mysterious Mauve - half bath (yet to be painted)
Samovar Silver - guest bathroom (yet to be painted)
Bonsai Tint - master bedroom

I have to stay focused at Sherwin-Williams or I find myself sucked into the vortex of reading all the little names on every card. "Ooooh, Wine Frost sounds goods or Gobi Desert. Hmmm, Chocolate Sparkle or maybe Flint Smoke. . ."

Do you remember about fifteen years ago Crayola came out with several new colors (64 - the biggest box of crayons* ever!) and had a contest to name them. The winners had their names printed on the crayon along with the winning entries. I don't recall what uncreative colors I sent in because I did not win. Whomever entered the names Macaroni and Cheese and Timber Wolf won. There were several other awesomely clever names, but those two are the only lucky winners leaping to mind. I guess I could look; I still have my box of 64 crayons packed in one of these boxes. . . ask Kare, she'll know.

Quote of the day - lada: "Maybe it won't look that green after the furniture is moved in and we hang the curtains and turn off the light."

- lada, lada bo bada, bonana fanna fo fada, fee fy mo fada, lada

*Did any of you people call crayons, crayolas? Children who did this irritated me when I was a kid - still do actually. It now seems a good thing that I am not a kindergarten teacher or this annoyance would come up quite a bit more frequently than it does in my current position: painter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else pronounce crayons--'crowns'? I catch a lot of shit for this.

Me said...

Woody - it is "Perfect Graige"