Friday, October 27, 2006

Drive Fast, Speed Turns Me On

Well, after a whirlwind of a first two weeks at the new job, I'm finally back home. It was one of those trips where you wake up in the morning and can't remember the city you were in when you went to bed. The entire ten days is a blur except that I can clearly remember that I somehow managed to get back to my hotel room to watch the last two minutes of the ND game.

Three other points of interest:

1) Bush Diving - The act of getting drunk and jumping headfirst into shrubbery.

Bush Diving is apparently quite the pass time among my new coworkers. There is a rating system to describe the dive-ability [sic] of various types of bushes. There are pictures of feet sticking up in the air above a row of bushes. There are scrapes and bruises and destroyed clothing. There are stories of trying to explain to a girlfriend why you have scratches all over your back. I have yet to personally participate in this event - but when I do, you will be the first to see the pictures.

Ah, ha! I checked to see if Bush Diving was in my favorite dictionary and what do you know, it does exist.

2) I was taught that three ounces of tomato juice mixed into a beer is a lovely way to start/end the day

3) I was driving to Charlotte and this white Explorer was playing games with me. He spent fifteen minutes either riding my ass or driving right next to me on a two lane highway. I finally got ticked enough to look over and give him my what-the-hell-is-your-problem wave, but before I can fully express my frustration, I saw he was holding up a sign. My first thought was that I had a flat tire and this poor guy had been trying to tell me for miles while I was busy cursing his mother for giving birth. I squinted a little to read the sign and it said: "OK if I admire?" I gave him a little smile and wave to say thanks for the compliment and floored it. He kept up with me for a few more minutes and was still diligently hanging out right next to me. I glanced over again and he had the same sign up. Now, I'm confused. If I obviously acknowledged the sign the first time, why hold up the same sign again? What does he want? To me, admire means admire, but I started to wonder if his definition of admire includes some sort of strange highway sexual act that is more safely performed at speeds of less than 80 miles an hour. I held up my hand, pointed to my wedding ring, waved and sped up again. This time he didn't follow.
The question is, are you single people having highway encounters? And why have I not heard the stories?

Quotes of the day -
October 19, Russ: Was a balloon driving the Explorer that was stalking you?
October 20, Anonymous: I'm pissed that my nipples hurt so bad.
October 21, Karen: I wish I was Brady Quinn's mouthpiece!

- lada has her sleep number tattooed on her bum

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we missed you lada!! good to hear that during all the hard work they had you doing over the last two weeks you had some fun...