Saturday, October 07, 2006

lada Professional 2.0

Well, I got the job. I won't bore you with details, let's just say I spent 17 hours flying to Minneapolis and back with an hour lunch and a twenty minute interview squished in the middle. Getting home Wednesday night, I was feeling pretty confident - mostly because fifteen minutes into the lunch I was told "We are going to make you an offer. You still need to have the last interview, but as long as you don't barf, you should be fine."
I managed to keep my gag reflex in check, so I wasn't surprised when they called the next day with the official offer. Yay. In one fell swoop I've managed to almost double what I was making in Chicago. (My new nickname is "toy fund" - meaning Russ is already picking out jet skis. He says when you come to visit, you can watch him ride it.)
When they called to make the offer, my new boss said that I was astute and very warm. Me. Warm. Are you laughing? You are laughing. I hate you.

Orange you glad I didn't say pumpkin
No, no, no. There can't be a pumpkin shortage. It is October. Everything I love about October involves pumpkins: jack-o'-lanterns, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, fall foliage that changes from green to pumpkin colored, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice frappuccinos, kids in pumpkin Halloween costumes, pumpkin beer. Bath and Body Works sells a pumpkin face mask. It is nice - it looks like pumpkin pie, it smells like pumpkin pie, it feels how I would imagine pumpkin pie would feel if you smeared it all over your face. It is so damn pumpkin-y that you can't help but stick your tongue out (just the tip, just to see how it feels) and lick a little off your upper lip. Well, I fell into that trap and I can say it tastes awful (Karen can back me up on this). The point is, it is no substitute for the real thing. Who cares about some silly tomato shortage? Get me more pumpkins!

For your viewing pleasure
1) It has to be one of the best internet sites out there
This is my favorite part Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Are you ready for the Fat Dollmaker?

2) Watch Lucky Number Sleven - better yet, buy it. It didn't get great reviews, but I thought it was perfect.

Quote of the day - Dave: Will you please link my blog off of yours?

- lada is convulsing while speaking in tongues

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting the job!