Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I Am A Winner Of Bread

Big congratulations to Matt! He finally got word that he passed the Bar. It is always good to have lawyer friend in life, as well as a doctor friend. Now all I need is a police commissioner friend. . .

I hate the sound of my alarm
When we moved to Carolina, I had planned on not working for at least the first six months. I wanted to have plenty of time to get the house painted and unpacked and get a feel for the city before making any work related decisions. I was perfectly happy living off Russ's money - and when I say Russ's money I mean our money because we are a team. I would support him if gravity shifted and he could no longer fly leaving him an unemployed super hero - or if some freak accident disfigured him and he was unable to be a runway model. I would still feed him. (This is what I tell myself.) The point is, I was not going to work for six months and now look what happened - I'm not even three months in. I wasn't looking for work. Work just found me. (I should have hung garlic over the front door to ward off such evils.)

My old company from Chicago called to let me know a position would soon be available in my area and despite my lack of interest in reentering the workforce, this job is 98.4% perfect for me, which means I can't say no. It's what I'm good at - it's what I enjoy doing - I set my own schedule - I don't have to hire or fire anyone. Almost perfect. The only drawback (other than the fact that it is WORK) is that the size of the area I would be responsible for means I would be on the road two or three days a week. But that objection is quickly squashed when I consider that they are willing to pay me enough money to make me rub my hands together all greedy-like. And giggle.

I had my first interview last week and tomorrow they are flying me to Minneapolis for three more. My flight leaves from Charlotte at 6:00 AM which means I have to get there by 4:45 which means I need to leave the house at 3:30 which means my alarm will be going off at 2:30 AM. This is bad. I usually go to bed around midnight and I know there is no way I can get through a day full of travel and interviews then more travel on two hours of sleep. So, I have been getting up earlier the past several days, hoping to reset my internal clock. It has been going pretty well, other than the late-night phone calls that wake me up. Matt sent a text message at 2:00 AM to tell me he is an Esquire now. Really great, exciting news, that I would have loved to have gotten at any time other than at two in the morning. Karen called after midnight on Sunday because she was leaving the Bears game. (The best freaking team in the NFL right now! Did you see them crush Seattle? And Kansas City shut out the SanFran 41 - 0! Yummy) I am begging all of you now - DON'T CALL ME TONIGHT. I am going to bed at 6:00 EST. If you are drunk, call a cab. If you are dying, go to the emergency room. I love you. Please, let me sleep. You can drunk-dial me on Thursday.

For those of you who still work at the company, please keep quite for the time being. I will call you with details later. Loose-Lips MC, I'm talking to you.

If you're ever on Jeopardy: An apple, onion, and potato all have the same taste. The differences in flavor are caused by their smell. To prove this - pinch your nose and take a bite from each. They will all taste sweet.

- red rover, red rover, send lada right over

1 comment:

Me said...

we only adopt asians