Sunday, January 28, 2007

W.I.S.M.I.M. (Part III)

W.I.S.M.I.M. (Part I)
W.I.S.M.I.M. (Part II)

Seriously, lada needs to chill the fuck out.
I was taking a shower the other night, in the dark. (Boy, you know it is going to be a good story when it starts like that.) This isn't normal for me, I normally am a big believer in electricity, but I had been in bed in the dark for a while (mmm. . . post coital showers) and I didn't feel like turning on the lights and burning my eyeballs when there was sufficient moonlight to shower by coming in through the large, uncovered, bathroom window. And luckily I didn't turn on the lights or I might never have noticed the little red light out in the woods behind my house shining into the aforementioned, large, uncovered, bathroom window (where I was currently showering).

Now we all know that a little red light means a video camera, especially out in a huge expanse of untamed wilderness, especially pointing into my bathroom window where I am regularly clothed in jack shit.
AHHHH!

lada: Uh, we need to go outside and investigate that little red light.
Russ: It's late, we aren't going to wander the woods in the middle of the night. We'll go in the morning.
lada: You can't see little red lights in daylight. We have to go now. . . ahhh. . . now!
Russ: Let's go to bed.
lada: Besides, it is much more likely the pervert will be out there in the morning because that is when I typically take a shower rather than now, at 2AM, when we are usually asleep.
Russ: Fine, I'll get a flashlight.

So he grabbed a flashlight, and I grabbed a hammer - not sure why a hammer, but at this point my panic had risen to level orange and I was not thinking clearly. We wander around outside trying to locate the little red light, but aren't having any luck - it was apparently much easier to see from a second story window than at ground level.

Then I see a red light, but I am confused because it is too high, almost like it is on a tower. And I look up even higher and see a second red light at the top of what is definitely a tower. This is when we conclude the light we saw near the ground must be the bottom the same tower. Probably the same cell phone tower that has been behind our house since we moved in that I have seen hundreds of time. In my defense, the lights I usually see on the tower are white and blinking not little and red, but still - damn.
God help me.

Quote of the day - Russ: "How old am I?"

- may The Force be with lada

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i say you can blame your misconception of the little red light on the post-coital euphoria. anyways, it's good that you're so aware of your surroundings, even in the middle of the night...

Anonymous said...

I'm more amazed that you could take a shower in the dark. I had to do that once and it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.