Monday, April 02, 2007

Catch Up

Sorry it has been so long - life has been hectic. We have a lot happening at work so I have been on the road here in the Carolinas more than usual plus I had to squeeze in a week in Dallas and it seemed liked every second I wasn't working I was on a treadmill trying to get ready for the run in Charleston. Oh and my laptop blew up so my blogging mobility has been drastically reduced. Here's what I didn't get a chance to mention:

Congratulations to John who was not only named the lawyer of the year in South Carolina for all his pro bono work, but his associate and he are two of the five lawyers the National Bar Association have nominated for the national lawyer of the year. What an unbelievable honor! WOW! John also kicked ass in our 10K run, coming in at 47 minutes. (Lawyer friend: check)

Congratulations to Heather who will be graduating from med school soon and will be heading to Dallas for the next several years of her life for her residency. I am super proud of you darling. Coasta Rica or bust! (Doctor friend - preferably a plastic surgeon: check and check)

Congratulations to Karen who decided that if I was going to train for a 10K in a month, she would train for a 5K in a week. Here she is running outside of Wrigley (nice tush):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


She finished in at 30:39 - yay! (supportive friend who can also donate a kidney if neccessary: check)

My race was fun/long/painful/rewarding. I finished in one hour and nine seconds - not the best time, but not too shabby for my first 10K.

That's all for now.

- lada came in seventeen thousand, one hundred ninty-seventh place

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to me as well. I have kept busy lately by _____

a) pitching a perfect game in a Pacific League game while simultaneously hitting for the cycle.

b) rediscovering the presumed extinct Yangtze River dolphin.

c) re-scoring lost fragments of Beethoven's last work to create an entirely new symphony.

d) reading Marcel Proust's 'In Search of Lost Time' in one sitting.

e) brokering peace between India and Pakistan in the Kashmir region and all of the above.