Saturday, August 18, 2007

Notable Quotables: The Answers

The prize goes to Karen with four correct!

1) “For an actor, there is no greater loss than the loss of his audience. I can part the Red Sea, but I can’t part with you, which is why I won’t exclude you from this stage in my life.”
- Correct answer: Charlton Heston on Aug. 9, 2002, revealing he has Alzheimer’s.*

2) “Well, I can wear heels now.”
- Correct answer: Nicole Kidman to David Letterman in 2001, after her split from Tom Cruise.
- Best incorrect answer: Eddie Izzard

3) "Why can’t you share your bed? The most loving thing to do is to share your bed with someone.”
- Correct answer: Michael Jackson, defending his practice of letting boys share his bed in a Feb. 3, 2003, interview with BBC’s Martin Bashir. This interview led to the molestation charges.

4) “You only lie to two people in your life, your girlfriend and the police. Everybody else you tell the truth to.”
- Correct Answer: Jack Nicholson in the April 1994 issue of Vanity Fair.
- Best incorrect answer: 90% of the male population

5) “I can only tell you that it has been an honor and a privilege to come into your homes all these years and entertain you ... I bid you a very heartfelt goodnight.”
- Correct answer: Johnny Carson, saying his final goodbye on The Tonight Show, May 22, 1992.*

6) "Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack. Let’s get that straight. OK? We don’t do crack. We don’t do that. Crack is whack.”
- Correct answer: Whitney Houston in 2002 on ABC’s Primetime. She has since been through rehab several times.

7) “I’m too much of an erratic moody baby! I don’t have the passion anymore, and so remember, it’s better to burn out than to fade away.”
- Correct answer: Kurt Cobain in his suicide note from April 5, 1994.
- Best incorrect answer: Austin Powers

8) "There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded."
- Correct answer: Princess Diana, in a 1995 BBC interview, on her marriage to Prince Charles.*
- Best incorrect answer: John F. Kennedy

9) “This moment is so much bigger than me. This moment is for Dorothy Dandridge, Lena Horne, Diahann Carroll. It’s for the women that stand beside me ... And it’s for every nameless, faceless woman of color that now has a chance because this door tonight has been opened.”
- Correct answer: Halle Berry, at the 2002 Oscars, in her best-actress acceptance for Monster’s Ball. She’s the first black woman to win the category.*

10) “I just want one day off when I can go swimming and eat ice cream and look at rainbows.”
- Correct answer: Mariah Carey on MTV’s TRL in 2001, before entering rehab for exhaustion.
- Best incorrect answer: Tiger Woods

- lada knows when to keep her mouth shut

*Correctly answered by the winner

No comments: