Monday, August 06, 2007

Prick

I just remembered that today is the day. It has been seven days since I made sure to fill in the entire outline of a circle drawn on the piece of paper with a sample of my blood and now the results are in. I don’t think I am positive – I have been with Russ for over five years and we are both healthy; however, these things can be dormant for years and it is a test I should have taken long ago. Arg. It is rather nerve racking, thinking I have to make that phone call – the adrenaline is flowing freely.

I am also concerned for the one who took the test with me.

We decided to three-way call for the results so we can be there for each other but she has to work and won't have time to call until later this afternoon. Crap, my hands are shaking…

- lada needs a date with Jack Daniels

3:58 PM update: My tests results aren't ready yet - stupid United States Postal Service and their slow delivery times. No worries, I'll try again tomorrow. Karen, on the other hand, is negative - yay!

10:03 AM update: Results are in - negative. Cool. Bring on the intravenous drugs and sexual promiscuity, for I am obviously indestructible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good News!!!D