Friday, February 01, 2008

Good People

I heart my car. She is a sweet little Corolla: black, manual drive, with illegally tinted windows. Though we have been through a lot together (almost sinking in a lake, Heather learning how to drive a stick, etc.) I only recently settled on a name for her, “Good People.”

Photobucket

Well, the dear girl hit the big 100,000 mark recently (I think she was 12 when I got her back in December 2003). That is a lot of rock and roll miles in four short years. It was a special moment for us when the dial hit that milestone - I pulled over and poured out a 40 oz. in remembrance of all the cars I have loved and wrecked in the past.

Here’s to the next 100,000 miles.

101 Things to do (or don't) before you die - #22:
Do go up in a hot air balloon.
Don't fear the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle.

- lada is a wolf but she likes to wear sheep's clothing

9 comments:

KarmaTee said...

My first car was a Toyota Corolla-- I think it was an '88. Drove that thing into the ground and got something like 213,000 miles out of it before calling it a day. Funny how cars wind up meaning so much to you.

Anonymous said...

Congrat! 34 degree huh?...Brrr...D

Me said...

I know, can you believe it? It actually thought about dropping below freezing for a moment.

Thank goodness it was 63 degrees today.

Anonymous said...

yes, the corolla is a great car. my car thanks her for the driving lessons!
although i can drive my car well, apparently no one else in dallas can drive, so my car is still taking a beating...
can't wait to see you lada. i miss you!

Daws122 said...

My TC is the cousin of your Corolla. I think she might be the wild one in the family. I think TC might stand for Too Cute, and to be mistaken with awe your baby is too cute. It's in the your a show off too cute.

Congrats, I would say you might need to lube it up like you might a hooker. 100,000 is alot of miles with out lube.

Anonymous said...

Ew

Anonymous said...

daws122: One of our best examples of how stream-of-consciousness can go horribly, horribly wrong.

Daws122 said...

anonymous: Thanks for noting my parlous words.

I will consider offering a substanstial solatium for any personal offense.

Me said...

Parlous - (alteration of perilous)
1. (obsolete) : dangerously shrewd or cunning
2. full of danger or risk : hazardous [the parlous state of the country]


I had to look that one up.