Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I Need a Drink

I got a venti hot tea from Starbucks this morning: black currant. As I took my first sip, the cup crumbled and I dumped the entire thing all over my car - soaking my pants and scalding the hell out of my thigh in the process. Unfortunately, I had just spent two hours in the car driving to work in Charleston and I couldn't quite run home to dry off, change, or apply aloe vera.

I was in pain, dripping wet, and still thirsty. I stopped at a gas station to get a (chilled) beverage, pulled a Cherry Coke from the refrigerator and promptly dropped it. The cap flew off and the entire bottle exploded, covering me and half the gas station in the fizzy mess.

I was in pain, dripping wet, sticky, smelling of various fruits, and still thirsty.

And grumpy.

Will someone pass me the vodka (and a straw)?

101 Things to do (or don't) before you die - #23:
Do get arrested.
Don't cook spaghetti al dente.

- lada is dehydrated

4 comments:

KarmaTee said...

Awesome. Awesome all around. Good luck on the rest of the day's drinking.

Daws122 said...

Lada maybe you shouldn't hit the hard stuff first, maybe stick with a tall glass of grog. Due to the fact it sounds as if you were groggy.

Maybe you should also consider carring around your bumbershoot, you have an unlucky cloud above your head.

Anonymous said...

under my umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh...

Me said...

"Under my bumbershoot, oot, oot..."

Na, just doesn't work as well.