Friday, March 14, 2008

For a Taste of Your Whiskey, I'll Give You Some Advice

I stopped at a gas station in Charlotte this morning on my way to the airport and I had "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers playing (a bit too loudly so I could still hear it with my car door open while I stood there pumping my gas). As I was absentmindedly singing along watching the dollar total spin up and up, I noticed the two guys on either side of me were also singing along with my Kenny. On my right was a skinny, young white kid filling up his truck loaded with landscaping equipment; on my left was a big, old black guy driving a rusted-out brown pinto. We caught each others' eyes and sort of smiled/laughed at the silliness of our impromptu karaoke - and then the three of us brazenly belted out the chorus together at the top of our lungs.

That really made my day.

- lada knows when to hold ‘em, knows when to fold ‘em, knows when to walk away, and knows when to run

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice.

-Andrew

Anonymous said...

Only you Lada, only you.

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! Thanks!!!