Monday, June 30, 2008

Beautiful Things (Life, Scenery, and Anniversaries)

Don’t mind me. I just needed to take a break for a couple of weeks to get my head straight. Now, I am back and I am bitchin'.
I have decided a couple months off work is exactly what I need (so if anyone wants to make plans this summer, my schedule is pretty open - and you know I am always up for some madcap adventures). My severance package is not half bad and, combined with the cash I have tucked away in the bank, I think I am able to enjoy not working for a bit and just focus on travel, baseball, and the S.o.E. instead.
Anyway, you and I have many things to discuss, fair reader but for now I am going to just leave you with a couple spectacular snapshots that Karen and I took last week.

This was at Wrigley Field on Karen's birthday - it was the most amazing double rainbow. (And of course it was only more beautiful when the Cubbies swept the Sox that night.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

One late night/early morning we broke a couple laws and snuck onto the beach to watch the sunrise. True, we were a bit toasted (and had to do some mad dashing to avoid being seen by the authorities...) but still, fantastic views. The first is me trying to hold in a drunken giggle fit with the moon and the skyline behind me. The second is Karen watching the sunrise over Lake Michigan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, a completely random side note: yesterday was the ten year anniversary of the first time I ever... well... er... my "first time." Yup. And let me tell you it has been a fantastically fun decade. Here's to many more years of "fun."

So, in summary - who needs a job when there is all sorts of beautiful life to live? Cheers!

101 Things to do (or don't) before you die - #45:
Do dine and dash from a fancy restaurant.
Don't say, "It could be worse."

- Life is both a major and a minor key; lada will open up the chord

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well in that case, I know KC is not the most exciting place in the world, but there are some old friends of yours that would LOVE to see you - and you can stay at my house so no hotel bill! What do you say?