Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pride

  • The gay pride parade was this past weekend. It is supposed to be the biggest party this side of Mardi Gras. I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to go before I move. It is awesome that George Takei was the Grand Marshal.
  • Ozzie Guillen (manager of the White Sox) made a statement at a press conference toward a specific journalist who had been critical of him in an article -- Guillen called him a "fucking fag." My blood began to boil as soon as I heard it, but no one else really seems to care. He was suspended for one game and has to pay a fine. Then the General Manager, Ken Williams, made a statement saying something to the effect of - Ozzie is going to go to sensitivity training classes. We are going to fix this. If I need to go to sensitivity classes with him, I will. . . my wife would probably appreciate it - and he chuckled because he thought he was witty and the press all laughed along with him. I however, fail to see what is funny. Would this black man have been supporting Ozzie and cracking jokes if Guillen had called the guy a nigger? Hell no! But the story went away when the Sox hit grand slams in three straight games. . . because we needed to focus on what was really important, the game. Fuck you Ozzie.

  • I am embarrassed to live in a society where people cannot marry the person they love. It is sad that my children are going to look at this time and see oppression. I'm mortified that my grandchildren will wonder what the hell we were thinking -- we really thought we had the right to tell another human being who they could love? They will look at my generation through the same eyes I use when I look back on the ignorant people who thought blacks should work the fields and women were too gentile to be allowed to participate in politics. I am embarrassed to be a part of this history.

  • I just watched Brokeback Mountain for the first time yesterday. I cried. This is one of those movies that when you finish it, you want to talk about it. So I called a friend. I told him I had just finished the movie and thinking he was being clever, he responded, "Was it gay?"

    Look people - I am tired of correcting you, so I'm going to say it now, in print, so if you don't get it the first time, you can go back and reread it. And if you still don't get it, know that I will stop speaking to you because you were obviously dropped on your head as an infant.

    If you are not using the word to mean either cheerful or homosexual, then you should not be using it. Gay does not mean lame, stupid, wack, boring or any other negative adjective.

    If you jackasses can't get that through your heads I am going to have to start choking people. And you better believe I will use a sexy spiked leather collar and a ball gag to do it.

  • Quote (lyrics) of the day - Weezer: When I think I found a good old-fashioned girl, then she puts me in my place / If everyone's a little queer, why can't she be a little straight? / I'm dumb, she's a lesbian. I thought I had found the one.

    - lada likes girls who are boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls

      No comments: