Saturday, February 17, 2007

I Embrace the Inhumanity

Sorry readers. This will be more fun for me than for you. But I need to vent. . .

  • I am tired of laughing at your stupid jokes that I heard last night and last week and last year.
  • I am not impressed by your knowledge of the finer things in life. I don’t like scotch or cigars or bird watching or custom made dress shirts. In fact, I think white cuffs and collars are tacky.
  • Don’t have a large gyro pizza delivered to your hotel room thinking I will share it with you just because I once lived in Chicago. I ate a pizza in Chicago or a gyro in Chicago – mixing the two together in Raleigh is just dumb.
  • I don’t care about the lack of dating success you have had with e-harmony. I will never care.
  • I don’t have anything to say when you tell me your blood is full of cancer and that you don’t want sympathy so you aren’t telling people. Why did you tell me? What do I do with the information that the cancer will eat away at your bones until you are like your father who needed to replace both hips except that by the time you get be to his age you will be too dead to worry about needing new hips?
  • I hate smelling your breath in the car because you are always talking talking talking talking.
  • Don’t say you like my music when you have only heard 10 seconds of one song – and if you do like it, then quit talking talking talking talking, and listen.
  • You know that video you took of me covering my face because I didn’t want you to be taking video of me – why, six months later, do you still have that saved on your phone? And what am I supposed to say when you show the video to me? Yup, that was me covering my face six months ago. I was irritated then and am even more so now.
  • I hate walking out of my hotel room that is always right next to yours and saying, “Good morning!” all sing-song and cheerful like. Despite appearances, I am decidedly not excited to start our day.
  • I want soft sheets, ample towels, and an alarm clock. I don’t care what a good deal we can get at a shit hotel with your fake AAA discount.
  • You are not my father or brother or husband or date or friend. You are _______.

I will proably take this down in the morning.

- lada

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have learned the fine art of saying "oh yeah you were telling me about that before" about 2 words into each story. Even if I haven't heard it, chances are I don't want to anyway. I'll teach you how in Palm Springs!

Anonymous said...

wow - the breath in the car things is really gross. there's nothing worse than having to smell someone's rank remnants of what they ate the night before...

Anonymous said...

Ha, this is funny cuz I just watched Season 2 of 'The Office'.

Me said...

I also feel bad - hence all my smiling to his face and my anonymous venting to you.

Anonymous said...

Daws122: I don't know how I feel about this Blog.!?# I think it is normal for any Lada to feel this way. My question is how do you work it out your rooms are right next to each other? What are the odds. P.S. atleast you dont see him running down the hall in his underwear.